Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Friday, June 6, 2008

Liz and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

**Disclaimer:
So, I need to document this day because I'm so annoyed. I'm gonna do it quickly and w/o reservations b/c all I wanna do is go lay down again. So if your easily grossed out, you might wanna stop reading. And it's long. :(

Sooo...Reese was sick and throwing up all morning on Wednesday. It started at 6am w/ her calling me from her bed, since she had threw up over everything. Awesome. Not a big deal, clean her up, throw the sheets in the wash, turn on some cartoons, and we're good to go. Well, the poor thing kept throwing up all morning. So I spent Wednesday cleaning up after her, since she can't yet grab the bowl and throw up in it. But she took a long nap and was fine in the afternoon.

Fast forward to last night. After supper, I began to feel uncomfortable so I laid down but just couldn't fall asleep. I contributed it to the fact that I'm 7 mos pregnant and my body is wierd right now. Turned out not so much, since I spent the whole night puking and sitting on the toilet. (from 11pm-5am so I'm exhausted) And as I learned a couple months ago, taking care of a child while you are sick is miserable. So we watched a lot of cartoons before I had to go to work at 9:30. We had a new program starting today that I am the head of, so I hobbled in. On my way home, I get a recorded call from Covenant Hospital saying that they needed to speak w/ me right away about my patient account. Again, awesome. So I stressed about that for a little while. (But I just found out it was some stupid courtesy call making sure I recieved my bill that was sent out last week.) After I put Reese down for nap, she is calling "mommy! baby!" b/c she chucks her baby out of her crib then wants us to come get it. She always tries to get us to come back into her room after we put her down so I ignored her. Then it was "mommy, potty!" Yeah right, I thought. She's been trying this the past couple nights because she knows I'll come in immediately and bring her to the bathroom to try and go. So I ignored it. "Mommy, stinky!" Oh no. I went back there to check on her and yup, she had pooped (the runny kind) all over her bed, stuffed animals and books. And the other set of sheets was also waiting to be washed from a small pee incident a couple of days ago, so I improvised and laid a large towel down.

And Wade just called me and told me he thinks (and is pretty sure) that he's coming down w/ it too. For a business meeting, they went to Hickory Park for lunch in Ames, and he said he slept in the truck while everyone else ate!! Soo not like him. Which means he'll be home soon, so I'll be taking care of him tonight too.

Did I mention I'm pregnant, exhausted and still feel funny??? I know it's not really that horrible, and there could be soooo many other things wrong, but it's just a yucky, windy day. And everyone's entitled to those once in awhile. So this song is dedicated to me.

Sorry to those that just read this all, you're probably like "who cares!" but this blog is a good way to document all those bad days, along w/ the good. So... have a good weekend!!! ;)

No comments: