Anyone still out there?! Oh my, I didn't mean for it to be such a long time since I've updated the blog! My apologies. You see, the first part of 2012 was kind of slow.Well, not
kind of - more like
was very slow. It was nice because it was relaxing, we weren't rushing around from one place to the next. We were enjoying the Florida weather, meeting neighbors and new friends, and figuring out where the heck everything was in this town. But by March, I was getting restless. I was used to meeting up with friends short notice, play dates at a playground, a movie at Overman Park, a family get-together.... basically there was always something fun going on.
So mid-March, I was stressing out. Wade was never home, and I was stuck in a house with 3 crazy kids and absolutely NOTHING to do. There were lots of tears and feelings of regret and missing everyone so much. Here was my planner for March:
 |
| Not sure why it's turned the wrong way, but you get the idea. A whole lotta nothin'. |
And then, I'm not quite sure how, I got a kick in the pants and things started picking up. And by picking up, I mean we got adopted a dog, Reese started gymnastics, Wade got a promotion, and I got a new side gig. In April we've been to an alpaca farm, the beach (twice), Busch Gardens, picked blueberries, had multiple vet appointments, spent the day at Downtown Disney in Orlando, attended a birthday party with a bounce house, splashed at a pool party, hosted an Easter lunch with the neighbors, hung out at an art festival, found a church we like, got a pedicure with a friend, scored free food at a pajama party at Chick-Fil-A, went to story time at the library, took LOTS of walks, tonight we just got back from open gym night at the gymnastics studio with our neighbor, and tomorrow we're headed to Healthy Kid's Day at the Y.
 |
| Again, sorry you have to turn you're head! Too tired to figure it out. |
So yeah. It's been a good month! But just very busy. Mostly because of a semi-cute dog who chews on toys and shoes + a feisty three year old who somehow
still can't remember to go potty until it's too late + an almost one year old who has learned how to open cupboards and drawers + a beautiful kindergartner who is relying on ME for her education. Here are those small people, exactly how they are today.
SO dear, sweet, understanding amigos y familia, I'm gonna try to hop on here more often and give some updates. Pictures, explanations and details to come! (And if they don't, keep bugging me about it :) ) We miss you more than you probably realize!
XOXO
5 comments:
Oh my gosh you might my day!!!
I miss you guys soooo much!!
Love to all!!
Sorry I got so excited I put might
instead of made.Ha!
lol hope I didn't give you that hard of a time. I like keeping up with you and your adventures!!! I'm so happy I got to see you and spend time with you :)
Finally! Welcome back to blog land. Glad you are finding your place down there! Love the pixs of the kids, they are still as cute as I can remember!
So much enjoy your updates Liz! Sounds as tho you guys are settling in well there. Part of that makes us here in Iowa a bit sad, but very happy for you that life is going well there. Love this picture! And I think God blessed Henley the day you guys visited the shelter :)
Sending hugs from Iowa!
Post a Comment