Unbelievable, but true. Reese is now six! Words can't describe how proud I am of this little girl. I watch her turning more and more into a young lady everyday. It's scary, but amazing. She lays on the couch and reads books all by herself. She takes the dog outside to go to the bathroom. She knows when I'm frustrated and swoops in to entertain/distract Jasper. She draws me pictures on a daily basis. I take for granted how well behaved, thoughtful, and kind she is. When I look at this picture of her below, it makes me feel like I'm doing something right. I'd love for Reese to have a sister someday, but if she's my only daughter, I'll be perfectly content.
 |
| Reese and Henley. Unlike her brothers, she's always so photogenic! |
 |
| Grandma flew down and surprised her as a birthday clown! |
 |
| After blowing out the 6 candles on her mint ice cream cake. |
 |
| If Jasper wasn't always worried about EATING, this might have been a good picture. |
 |
| The BEST big sister ever. I can tell she's getting older, because our tastes in clothes are changing. She used to always like whatever I liked. Recently, she picked out this shirt. I wasn't crazy about it and kept suggesting other choices. I finally gave in, but had a glimpse us 10 years from now at Abercrombie or something... |
 |
| On the balance beam at gymnastics class. She loves it! |
 |
| Reese and Grandma :) |
 |
| The Monroe Ladies |
4 comments:
Great Family Picture! Could Reese look anymore like her mama. Maybe we'll get to see you at Nick's wedding.
YES! we will see you there! we'll also be in Des Moines a bit too, so i'll text you as it get's closer. (about 6 weeks away!!)
Happy Birthday Miss Reese! Hope you had a fun day!
Note to Mom and Dad:
Reese will ALWAYS watch out for her brothers no matter how old they may be! Molly still keeps track of her brothers, tells them what she thinks they ought to be doing and will always consider herself Mom #2 when it comes to anything Chris and Nick. She is their biggest fan, supporter, cheerleader and critic at ages 27, 24, and 21. That will never, ever change! They will be 97, 94 and 91 and she will always be their Mom#2 whether they like it or not! :)
Kathy S.
LOL! I love this. I was SO a mom #2, too :) And Reese is totally following in my footsteps.
Post a Comment