Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ready, Set, Hike!

Beckett started his first sport this past Saturday! Mr. Four-Year-Old is officially in flag football :) I was hesitant to sign him up for it, afterall, he's still just a baby! But he's been tagging along Reese and all of her activities for years, so I told him when he turned 4 he could pick something. I didn't care if he picked guitar, gymnastics, soccer, whatever he wanted. He picked FOOTBALL and I thought, uh, that wasn't one of the options...


So here he is on his first day of flag football. Before we left that morning, he told Reese he was "going to win the trophy by kicking everyone in the face." Whaaaaat???

We had to be on the field at 8am, so on the way there, we grabbed a box of Munchkins and a hot chocolate from Dunkin' Donuts, had our water bottles and sweatshirts on and were ready to go :)

By 9am, it was already 85° so the sweatshirts were off and I was wanting some ICE for my cooled down hot chocolate, but nevertheless we had a fun morning.

Beckett was hilarious! He was so adorably clueless. Most plays everyone would run and he'd just stand there. Then the coach would yell, "Go! Run!" and he start running..... not necessarily in the direction of the ball and the other kids, but just around.  Then, in down times he'd run and say things to me like, "Can I have a doughnut?" or "There's grass on my mouth guard, can you wipe it off on your shirt for me?" PRICELESS.





Wade was so disappointed he had to work and wasn't able to be there. He told me he'd rather miss all the rest of the Iowa games this season if he could just watch his son play football each week. Awwwww. Lucky for him, this isn't B's varsity year of football, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of games to watch in the next couple years. :)

No comments: