Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Rambling...

It's beautiful out here today! It's 70 degrees and sunny. LOVELY!! Unfortunately I've always been one of those people who let's the weather affect their mood, so this Florida sunshine just does wonders for my soul.

This morning we played at the park with a mom who I met at an event that Hulafrog had a table at. She has loved Hulafrog for awhile now and we ended up setting up a playdate complete w/ vanilla lattes :) Glad someone else (besides me!) is finding the site helpful! (PS, my love for coffee has returned! Yay!)

I've been super blessed lately w/ some great ladies in my life. I can't believe it's been almost a year since we moved down here from Iowa! I feel like it was just last week that week were packing up everything we owned and making the trip down. I feel like things are finally falling into place.

I've said all along that that we feel like God was calling us down here, for reasons we weren't sure of yet. I think my  life motto this year is going to be TRUST THE PLAN! I really do believe that He's got a really great plan laid out for each of us, as long as we trust that everything will happen the way it's supposed to, it'll all end up great. (Disclaimer: this little motto also scares the crap out of me. What if something AWFUL & TRAGIC happens? Will I still be able to say with confidence that I "trust the plan"? I pray, pray, pray that God doesn't test me like that...)

Our Thanksgiving was great. Just us. No turkey. But a neighbor did bring us a homemade pumpkin pie that was SO good. It was nice out, so we (mostly Wade and the kids...) played football outside, watched more football inside, drank hot chocolate, the kids circled every. single. toy they claimed they "wanted" in the Black Friday Ads, and I felt so thankful for my little family :)

We'll be back in Iowa in 3 weeks. Wade and I are lining stuff up like boarding the puppy, how many checked bags we'll need, how the heck we're gonna lug 3 car seats through the airport, etc... EXCITED!

Think that's all for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, especially about the weather! I'm walking the dogs everyday, no coat, saying Thank you Jesus for this beautiful weather!!! Thought we'd be in our own house by now, I still need a job BUT I too am trusting HIS PLAN. We just recently picked a church...Lutheran, which I thought I needed to change from, but found such connections...on so many levels...may go to the Sons of Norway Christmas party this week :)Becky and Steve Love and miss you guys! OOh, congrats on cookie #4!!