Yup, that's her! I've been meaning to post about this for awhile. And for those of you who follow me on Instagram have known since I've posted progress pics. But we're so excited! It's a two story and has a large (for this neighborhood...) backyard that I've got grand plans for.
| Standing in the kitchen area, looking out to the back yard. Not the best pic to show size. |
| This is the view from the kitchen pantry, looking into the kitchen/living room. That's the bar that'll have the kitchen sink and dishwasher. |
| The opposite view. That back wall will have cabinets and the kitchen table will go on the right. The front window will be the playroom. |
If I'm honest, I'm still nervous about it. Nervous that we can't afford it. That it's too much, too soon. That Wade will have to work even more to be able to pay for it. That something will happen to one of my children, because no one is really this blessed.
I also feel guilty for having such a large house. And that others will be envious and resent me. And I feel like I have to justify it, like they don't know the whole story and if they'd sit down and talk with me for a bit they'd not be so jealous. It's a strange feeling.
And at the end of the day, I know that this isn't my house. It's HIS house. He's the one blessing us, and I'll do whatever He wants me to do with it. Cook meals for those hurting in my kitchen? Sure. Have moms over for a playdate because we have a fenced in backyard? Okay! Host a bible study? You got it. Homeschool and stay at home with my children because He's called me to do so? Yup. Invite someone in who needs a place to stay for awhile? Absolutely.
That is my prayer. That I'll use this home for His plans. Which I could be doing now, yes, but I almost feel like in the past few years he's been preparing my heart for this and now I've been given the space. I'm so excited.
2 comments:
Congrats Liz and Wade! How exciting! What an undertaking! I marvel at anyone building from scratch...very proud of you guys! God bless always! Love you! Becky and Steve
I can t wait to drive in the driveway and know that this is the home of my awesome family! I feel bad that it so soon after you move and have to have company crash in,but I m very excited!
Post a Comment