Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back from "vacation"

Hey all, after about a month, I'm back from "vacation" from the blog. The kids haven't been napping very well, there hasn't been a lot going on during these slow winter months, and I kinda just didn't feel like it. ;) But... here's a quick recap!

Since I've last posted...
  • I celebrated my 25th birthday. We had spice cake with chocolate frosting and red wine. Mmmmm ;) We also went to Soho for some sushi and tapas w/ Roger and Mary, Steve and Becky. Thanks for coming down, guys!

  • Reese got her 2 year old molars on her left side (top and bottom) and Becky (Beckey? Beckie? Which way is more masculine?? lol) got 2 bottom teeth... both at the same time. So we were dealing with runny noses, fevers, tears, and Tylenol for about a week. FUN.

  • Reese "graduated" out of her crib and into her toddler bed, and Beckett moved (is moving) from our bed to his crib. Reese loves it since she can get out of her bed during naps and play (awesome) and Beckett hates it since I'm not snuggled up right next to him. So we are back to square one with trying to figure out sleep routines that work with both children.

  • We celebrated Valentine's Day with a nice night in. Our tradition is to make a gormet meal of our own, together, with something great for dessert. This year we had grilled mahi mahi with grapefruit, avacado, and watercress salad. For a sidedish we had parmesan, artichoke orzo, and for dessert we had Oreo Fudge Bars which were "OH-MYGOODNESS!!!-amazing". We used our fine china for the first time!

  • We had friends over last Saturday for a homemade pizza and Catch Phrase night. It was lots of fun!

  • I have recently agreed to watch a 3 month old baby during the day while her parents work and go to school. She won't start with me for a couple of weeks, but I'm excited. She is soooooo cute!

  • Little B has started sitting up all by himself and has started solids. (Rice cereal, applesause and mashed bananas so far) I'm going to try to make my own baby food this time around, so we'll see how it goes!

Other than that, not too much has been going on! right now we're just waiting for the weather to warm up a little so that we can start playing outside and going for walks. It's so close I can taste it!!!!

Have a great week! (Biggest Loser is on tonight, woo hoo!)

Our Valentine's Day "Restaurant Equivilant" meal

Reese 'making pizza' at the Children's Museum in Iowa City. She loved it there!

And Becky and I just being silly...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH REESE LOOK LIKE SHE IS HAVING FUN!!! :P AND BECKETT LOOKS ALL GROWN UP SENCE THE LAST TIME I SAW HIM... OLIVIA LOV, YA

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I just got back from vacation myself an what a wonderful surprize to have a update on the blogsite thanks, I love to hear what happening in your life and know how my grandchildern are doing I miss you all so much!