Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Storytime at Hartman

Yesterday the kids and I met some friends at Hartman Reserve Nature Center. (The kids and I are often doing little stuff like this, but I rarely blog about it, so I'm going to try to get better about remembering to document the littler things). This was our first time at this little activity. A staff member read a book about snowmen, made a 'Snowman in a Sack' for a craft, then made little snowman snacks out of mini doughnuts!


Then, since it was not so freezing cold it's painful relatively nice out, we took a little hike to explore. Well, in December everythings pretty much dead, so there's not much to really see but we poked around nonetheless.


We asked a friendly deer to take a picture of us. ;) Poor baby Jasper looks like he's hanging on for dear life!
Everyone was hungry and worn out when we headed back to the van. On the walk back, I felt something sharp against my finger that wasn't normally there. I didn't even have to look down at my left hand because I instantly knew that one of my diamonds was gone. YIKES!!! And we had been hiking through the woods, so I knew there was no way I'd be able to retrace my steps and find it. So sad :(

The prong on the right is completely broken off.
Good news is I have a warrenty with the ring that says the jeweler will replace any diamonds should they fall out! Yay!  Bad news is it's going to take 4-5 weeks for it to be completed. Boo. We move in 2, so I had to pay $25 for them to have it shipped down to me when it's done. $25 is better than $1000ish, so i guess I'll take it. My left hand feels naked and awkward without it and none of my other rings fit that finger. Maaaaaaybe I'll just have to go find something pretty to take it's place for a bit ;)

No comments: