Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

10 Good Things.

I have a choice. I can choose to look at the negative things in my life or I can CHOOSE to see all of the good. And there is so much good. Yes, things are hard. Yes, I cried myself to sleep last night feeling like I failed again as a mom. Yes, my house is a disaster, there's black stuff growing in my toilet bowl, and no, Wade won't be home to see the kids tonight, again, for the fifth night in a row.

BUT I WILL STOP FOCUSING ON THE BAD, AND TRY TRY TRY TO SEE THE GOOD.



10 Good Things

1. Fresh flowers. These are currently on my stove right now and I think (besides peonies) they are my new fave. Cheap, colorful, and pretty. Oh, and the one magnolia blossom that is filling my entire house with a sweet fragrance.

2, Ice coffee. Starbucks, McDonalds, Dunkin' Donuts, I don't care. I need them. It helps get me through the day. Today it's an iced mocha from Micky Ds. Sooo good.

3. Packages in the mail. Today we got two. TWO PACKAGES! One was from a sweet friend who sent me yellow things as a "box of sunshine" and the other was from a family friend who was sending gifts for the kids. Just awesome.

4. Text messages. It's so so kind of friends to text me to see how things are going. It's hard to really answer an honest response thru a text, but it means THE WORLD to me to know that people care.

5. Warm weather. Sunshine does wonders for my soul, and luckily here in Florida we've got plenty of it. It's currently 84 here and I LOVE THAT!

6. Good food. My refrigerator is full of leftovers from meals that people from our church have brought us in the past few days.

7. Play dates. The big kids are currently at a friend's house for the afternoon playing. Soo sweet of her to watch them for a bit.

8. Kind neighbors. Me: "Hey, can I borrow your Shark Steam Mop?" Her: "Sure, I'll bring in over in a few!" Actual conversation this morning :)

9. Naptime. I just had about 15 minutes where both boys were asleep (!!!!) but Baby Gus just woke up and I'm nursing him as I type this.

10. My family. One of the hardest things for me is feeling down about things and then realizing how blessed I really am with a great husband and FOUR healthy kids. Which then makes me feel worse, knowing that I feel sad, when there's so so so many others who have it worse. Who am I to be sad!? I know its normal to feel BLAH sometimes, but really, I am very, very grateful for these little people that God has entrusted in my care.

Thank you so much to those who have left kind words and sent me messages. It really does mean a lot :)

No comments: