"Hey, Liz! How are things going with the new baby!?"I get asked this often.
"Hi! Oh, things are great!"
And I almost always give the same answer, that things are fine and that things are going well.
But most of the time they are not as "great" as I make them seem.
It just seems weird to actually give an honest response when people ask how things are going. Kinda like when you see someone and they casually ask, "Hey, how are ya?" They're not really asking how you are, it's just a polite, common way to greet people. It would be way awkward if people really stopped and told someone "how life's going", especially if the answer is kind of heavy.
I feel this way with the baby question. No, things are not great. In fact, it's been hard. Having 4 little kids is hard. But to break down in tears every time someone asks "Hey, how are you?" would be lame. Of course, there are happy moments, and moments like right now when 2 are sleeping and 2 are having quiet time and I get a few moments to myself, but those are rare.
With Wade working most evenings, that leaves bedtime up to me. Between homeschooling, Hulafrog, activities, laundry, grocery shopping, nursing a baby around the clock, and trying to keep a toddler from destroying the house.... it feels overwhelming. Reese and Beckett get bored, but I'm too lazy to pack them all up everyday to go do something fun. Sometimes I just want to stay at home and cuddle August.
I'm hoping things fall into place. Because this is hard :(
3 comments:
Hey Liz,I sure wish it was a different time of the year so I would be able to come and help and give you a little break!When my crazy work schedule let up and if you still could use some help please let me know !!!!!!
I'm sorry :(
You are an amazing mother and i don't know how you do it. I think having one is tough. Remember it's ok to give a few of those huge task's a break! Just not the nursing one. August needs to eat! :)
It is overwhelming and it's okay to feel that way and you are still doing a great job and you are a wonderful mom! Pray for strength, energy, patience and H E L P ME JESUS!!!! Help me, help me, help me!!!!! I will pray too! Love you baby girl! Now dry those eyes and blow your nose and wipe the spittal off whoever needs it most - or not! It will be okay! Beck
Post a Comment