Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Some funny things that happened this week so far...

Monday:
After swim lessons, one of the ladies shouted to me, "Hey! When are you due!?" "Labor Day", I told her. She smiled and said, "We've been watching you grow and we knew it had to be any day now!"

Ha. Yeah. Sorry lady, but this weekend is Memorial Day. I'm not due for another 3 1/2 months. Gee, thanks.

Tuesday:
Reese and I were outside watering and planting some flowers. She loves exploring outside and getting very dirty. She had wandered out of my sight so I called for her to come here. "I coming, Mommy!" I heard from around the corner. "Reese, what are you doing??" She ran around the corner, with her face all wet and dirty and said, "I blowing bubbles, Mommy!" And sure enough, she showed me how she had been blowing bubbles in a very shallow puddle of water in a low spot in the driveway. Gross!

Wednesday:
About a month ago, I finished the first book in the Twilight series. I had been on a waiting list at the library for the second book for weeks. I finally got it, and had read 3 chapters when I was frustrated because I felt like I was missing something. Yeah, turns out I was reading the third book, not the second. Duh.

Thursday:
Reese and I went for a walk today and I taught her how to blow on the white puffy dandelions. Big mistake, b/c of course, she then thought she had to pick everyone in sight and had a fistful of about 20 of them. She was taking forever, so I started walking ahead of her. She stopped and yelled "Hand, mommy!" I looked back at her, and said, "Well, then come on!" And very clearly, (to my surprise) she yelled, "Get back here!!!" This learning how to talking thing is waaay too funny sometimes!

No comments: