Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nesting

I'm not sure if I had this much with Reese, but I realized today that I am totally in the "nesting" phase of pregnacy!!! And since Wade didn't know what it was, here's a quick definition:

Nesting is the term used to refer to an expectant mother’s instinct which gives her a surge of energy which prompts her to clean and do various chores around her home. Nesting usually arises as the mother nears her due date. Some women are nesting and are mentally unaware of it. Their nesting instincts may be subtle, yet they are going around their living quarters doing tasks in preparation for their child’s birth. When nesting is subtle, it is thought to be because the woman may be energetic or active naturally, regardless of her pregnancy.

Last Thursday, my swim lessons didn't show up, so I decided to deep clean at the Y, and I went around with rubber gloves cleaning windows, the guardroom, the office, you name it. The lifeguard was like, "What are you doing??"
Friday night I cleaned up the office (his new room) and got his closet ready, vacuumed and swept the floors.
Last night, I got this random urge to dust everything in the house.
And today, I decided to clean the kitchen top to bottom, and really scrub all those little neglected spots. Then, cleaned the windows and took the screens off and sprayed them down.

Afterwards, I was thinking, what has gotten into me?? I normally keep things picked up and cleaned, but it takes a lot more motivation than just a whim. So, I decided I must be nesting. :) Strange!

No comments: