Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Twilight


If you haven't heard of the Twilight phenomenon yet, you must be living in a cave. I picked up the first book in the series about a year ago and was hooked. It was the first book in a very long time that I wasn't able to put down. I would say to myself, "Liz, it's almost 2 am, you need to go to bed! If you don't, you'll be sorry tomorrow!" and then another voice would say, "Hmm... good point. Yeah, I really should.......but......oh screw it. It's worth it!" Really. They are that good. (As long as you can tolerate being inside of a love-struck teenager's head for most of the book.) Written by a young, Morman mother, the four books tell a story about a girl named Bella who falls in love with a vampire, and they danger they go through to be together. Okay, that makes them sound really stupid, but read them and you'll understand why people are obsessed. They are comparing the Twilight series to Harry Potter in terms of cult-like obsession and book-to-movie craziness.

ANYWAY.... I just finished the fourth book, Breaking Dawn, a few days ago and was sad to see the series end. Seriously, if you haven't read them yet, what are you waiting for!?!? They are great for everybody, even if you don't normally like reading. Wade and I are hoping to be able to catch the movie before it leaves the theaters!
Song: A River Flows in You by Yiruma
In the books, Edward (the vampire) writes a lullaby for Bella. This wasn't the song that ended up being in the movie, but is floating around on the internet as the favored one that everyone wishes would have made the cut. Either way, I love it. I could listen to it all day long!

No comments: