Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Friday, May 29, 2009

Swim Lessons

I have been teaching swim lessons for over 10 years now. I started back when I was only 15 and have taught at many different pools. While I've got a pretty sweet deal at the Y right now, I'm going to take a little time off, away from the water for a bit.

I have absolutely loved it, though. I've taught parents how to hold their infants so that they feel comfortable, retired men so they can get excercise, moms who want to be able to swim with their kids, adults and kids training for triathalons, teenagers who are embarrased at their lack of swimming ability, and probably hundreds of other kids along the way.

I teach a brother and sister, Sam and Kyla, and she made this book for me last week. It's too darn cute and I wanted to share it!




And this is from a mom who thanked me for teaching her 13 yr old son. He was such a great kid, even though so did not want to be there at first. I will definitely keep this little note because it is EXACTLY why I teach!
(yeah, that's a magnet. because yeah, it's on my fridge!) :)
Also, my friend Rachel had her baby, Adam James, today (or last night) and I'm SO thrilled for her! Congratulations Greene family!

No comments: