Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Kind of Saturday Night

I love my little family. Every little darn thing about them.

I usually try to keep us somewhat busy. Like yesterday evening, we didn't have anything going on so we decided to head to the nearby pool or the golf course for 9 holes of golf as a family.

We needed groceries first, so we loaded everyone up and headed out. When we got home, I realized I forgot to get potatoes for supper and my pork chops to grill were still frozen. Sweet corn was the other item on our menu, so Wade and Beckett left in search for some. As Reese sat next to me on the step, playing with her Barbie, I waved good-bye to my husband (sporting some awesome aviators) in our gold minivan. I knew right then that this is exactly the life I've always wanted. A modest home on a quiet street, remnants of lunch still on my kids' faces, and a minivan for goodness sake!

Anyway, turns out, the sweet corn vendors pack up sometime before 6:30 so we were out of luck. It took Wade about 2 seconds to be on the phone with Pizza Hut, ordering us supper. (I seriously love him.)

Ideas of going swimming and golfing quickly turned into a game of tackle football in the backyard. Just hanging out, being a family. It was so one of those nights that was nothing special, but one that I want to cement into my brain. (Hence the dozens of pictures!) My heart just feels so full!








(to document that I was actually there...)










3 comments:

The Ireland Family said...

those are my favorite kind of nights too! I love the pics of your kids, they are too stinkin cute!!! Your hair looks cute too....makes me think i should chop mine off (its always in a pony tail anyways...)

Mandi said...

I love the photos! This looks like every day at our house, too. And, like you, I love every second of it! Besides the mini van part. I'll keep my station wagon, thankyouverymuch! :-)We are, indeed, very lucky ladies to have hearts so full!

Liz said...

DO IT ANG! Chop it all off! It'll grow back :)

And Mandi at least you tried the minivan thing out! And yes, very VERY blessed indeed :)