Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Friday, July 16, 2010

My Food Challenge

So..... remember a little while back I told you I was looking for a new adventure?

Well, I've found it!

My oh-so-lovely friend, Christina, suggested that I do something food/cooking related. Well, just so happens that I love to eat and try new things, which has a little something to do with cooking! I have kind of been a slacker mom lately. I usually have our menus planned out and had a least one new meal every week or so. Well, I've been in a rut and have felt way unmotivated to cook.

So I've decided on two food related adventures:

1) Enter a cooking contest. I had no idea what this entailed or how to even go about doing so. After some searching on the internet, I found that the State Fair has food contests for just about ANYTHING, and I knew we were going to be in town on August 15th which happens to be the day they will be judging the FRENCH SILK PIE contest! So I entered online and paid the fee and recieved my "tags" the other day in the mail. Ohmygoodnesgracious I have no idea what I'm doing.


 
Yeah, so what if I've never made a French Silk Pie in my life?! I'll learn. Uhh, anyone have any tips?????

2) Try 30 recipes in 30 days. They must be new recipes that I've never had before. It can be snacks, desserts, meals, anything. I don't even have to eat them right away, I can stick them in the freezer for later. I can't possibly do 30 new suppers for 30 days straight. There are just some nights where I'm tired or short on time that we stop and get pizza or eat leftovers. Not to mention that this would blow our weekly food budget out of the water. Which is I guess part of the challenge. To keep me organized, I'll try to post what I'm making on here now and then in case you want to try anything as well. (I'm thinking this will definitely be on my list!)

So here goes nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and this one sounds like A LOT more fun than my running challenge, don't ya think? :)

{Pie image found here}

1 comment:

Allison May Photography said...

one more reason i am excited to be on silvia ave. I fully accept the responsibility to taste test EVERY single trial of this process.