It came and went. And we survived!!

Reese started her first day of everyday 4 year old preschool yesterday.
In fact, she's there right now. And she's totally fine. And I knew she would be. Working at the Y and leaving her in the daycare there for the past 4 years has helped a bunch. I think Sunday School helped, too. Either way, yesterday she was a-okay with me leaving. She kind of looked at me like, "Um, don't you have somewhere to go or something? I'm fine!" Her buddy, Talia, was there so she was happy as a clam to be staying all afternoon.
I did pretty good, as well. It would've been nice if she could have shown maybe just a little sadness that I was leaving, but since she didn't it actually made it a ton easier to leave half of my heart there.
And as I was leaving, I asked her for a kiss good-bye. She leaned in and then abruptly stopped. "Wait Mommy! I have lipgloss on!" And she turned her head to the side so I could kiss her cheek.
And it starts. *sigh*
(Oh, and if you're wondering what she's wearing... I always let her pick out her own clothes. Why not on the first day of school, too?) :)



No comments:
Post a Comment