Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Food Challenge Week 3

I have been up to my ears in pots & pans, knives & cutting boards, and been saying, "Hey, taste this. What do you think?"

It's been fun but kinda ready to be done. Tomorrow I'm making my last 'trial' French Silk Pie for Wade's birthday. (Happy birthday, handsome husband! Love you!) Modifications will include vanilla bean, instant coffee & a layer of fudge. YUM.

Week 1 (Recipes 1-6)

Week 2 (Recipes 7-12)

Week 3 (Recipes 13-20)

13. Caramel Latte Milk Shakes - Suggested by sweet friend Erin, I could not say no to this one! And they did not dissapoint :) When I finished it, part of me wanted to contently lay on the couch for an entire week, the other part of me wanted to go running immediately.

14. Pico de Gallo - I had seen many reccomendations for this from many people on the internet. It would have been much better if I hadn't made it so darn spicy! It called for 3 jalapenos, and I folowed the recipe exactly. It was almost too hot for Wade. Would make it again, just not so spicy.


15. Salted Caramel Cupcakes - HOLY MOLY THESE WERE GOOD. In a different sort of way! A little bit more labor intensive than the normal frosted cupcake, but way worth it. Had to share them to get them out of my house!!!!

16. Chicken Squash Bake - This was a yummy supper, neccessary to use up some of my yummy yellow summer squash. Everyone seemed to like it. Will make again!

17.  BLT Pasta Salad - This one is definitely going on the list for my next get-together! Bacon, mayo, pasta.. how could you go wrong!? So summery. Loved it. (Next time I'll add lots more bacon!!!!!)


18. Frozen Fruit & Yogurt Rollups - Adults loved them. Kids... not so much. But I think they would have liked them if they tried more than a nibble. I might try this one again in a year or so. Good & simple.

19. Bruschetta - A good afternoon snack suggested for me to try by my awesome buddy, Angie. It was delish, except it seemed to take a lot of work for 30 seconds of goodness.

20. Roasted Cajun Potatoes - Found this last minute for a side dish to our supper on Sunday with grilled pork chops and the BLT pasta. VERY GOOD. Not spicy at all.

No comments: