Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 in Review

2010 has gone by so fast, and what a year it has been!

I started this post last week and wanted to get it published when it was...uhh... still 2010. I forgot that I told a friend we'd come over and play this morning, and I still have half of the dough for our annual Christmas cinnamon rolls sitting in my fridge, waiting to be made. The house is a disaster, we have no groceries, and I have yet to put away the Christmas decorations. It's only the beginning of 2011 and I feel like I'm already behind!

At any rate, here's a little recap of our awesome year. I loved 2010 and am sad to see it go. I can only hope that this next year can live up to the high standards that 2010 set! Thank you to all the people who have stuck by us. You mean more than you'll ever know. Anyway, just pretend you read this last week, okay? ;)
2010 Highlights

January: Repainted bedrooms (3 of them) and finishing the basement. Reese continued gymnastics at the Y and dance at Allison's Dance Center.

February: Costa Rica w/ Roger & Mary! AMAZING!!!!

March: Marriage Retreat for a weekend in Story City, took the kids to The Children's Museum for the day. I continue to watch 2 little girls and Wade is super busy with planting season at work. We celebrated our 3rd anniversary.

April: I begin training for my big race, we had a small Easter egg hunt part at our house.

May: Beckett began potty training

June: I ran the Dam to Dam 20K, Reese attended her first VBS, took our first family trip to the zoo.

July: Lots of popsicles & pool parties at our house, purchased a van, Reese turned 4!

August: We celebrated Wade's 27th birthday with a surprise party, held a garage sale, went to the Iowa State Fair, Reese started preschool, my sister moved in with us, my little brother was shipped out to start training before he leaves for Afghanistan.

September: Beckett turned 2! Roadtripped to Pennsylvania for my friend Cathy's wedding, visited friends in New Jersey and spent the day in New York City.

October: Found out we were pregnant with #3, Wade went with Reese on a school field trip to the fire station.

November: Travelled to Kansas City for the Erickson family Thanksgiving, attended my sweet friend Jessie's wedding in Des Moines.

December: Put our house on the market, attended my brother's graduation from Iowa State.


 Valentine's Day, our family's homemade 'gormet' meal

 
Costa Rica, Wade's first time scuba diving



Summer fun

Our family's favorite place in the summer.


Reese had her first dance recital.
Me, participating in the French Silk Pie competition at the fair

Halloween

Camping in PA & New York City




Let's go, 2011. We're ready for ya.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Great post!!worth waiting for!