Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Feeling Nostalgic

We have been enjoying Spring Break around here and the warmer weather that has come with it. In somewhat exciting news, we got an offer on the house on Sunday. It was quiiiiite a bit lower than our asking price, so I wouldn't be surprised if nothing really comes of it, but we are in the process of negotiations this week. Once we got the news that there were some people who were seriously interested in buying our house, I had my first realization that someone else was soon going to be living in our house. We've lived here only 5 years out of the 50 or so that it's been around, so I know that this house was never really mine, but it's our first, which is kind of a big deal. And I got to thinking about all the little memories that we've had in this home.

This is where we brought our first baby home. And then our second.

Where I learned how to cook a good supper for my husband.

Where we painted rooms bright colors. Then repainted them more toned down colors.

Where our children learned to walk, ride a bike, and be "best buddies".

Where Wade taught his daughter how to play catch and I figured out how to grow a garden.

Where we've had a total of 4 "roommates" live with us downstairs.

Where we started our own family traditions.

Where we made pancakes with sprinkles on Sunday mornings.

Where we learned how to entertain friends... in our teeny tiny little kitchen.

Where we stayed up with sick kids in the middle of the night.

Where we learned to how to fight. And learned how to say I'm sorry.

Where we played, danced, cried, played "rawr", baked cookies, took bubble baths, and most of all, we loved.

Thank you Sylvia house, you've been so good to us.


I've come to realize that for our next home we're not neccessarily looking for something bigger or newer. This house is enough. Space wise, it's all we really need. But we are looking for something different, something that maybe fits our family, dreams, and lifestyle better. We're ready for an adventure. :)

“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

That makes me sad, because that is exactly how I feel about our house! It's a mix of emotions I"m sure but in the end you know it will be ok. Good Luck!

Mary said...

Now I'm sad!!

Anonymous said...

So exciting! I am excited for you guys!!! LOVE Kolby