Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Friday, May 13, 2011

Getting Settled In!

We've been in our new place now for one week! Slowly but surely things are finding their way from boxes to where they belong. Pictures are being hung on the walls, laundry is getting washed and put away, and I even made cookies today! Our carpets got cleaned this morning, so I finally feel a little better about walking around without my shoes on. It's been an adjustment getting used to not having a garage and other minor things. I've been trying to shift my thinking from how outdated and poorly taken care of this place is to realizing how incredibly blessed we really are.

I wish I had pictures to show you, but I have no idea where the cable is to transfer them over. I've been too preoccupied to look for it because I've been catching up on all the cable shows that we've been missing out on for the past 3 years! HGTV?!?! I could watch it all. day. long.

Wade's been busy at work, yay for rain today so he could come home early!

Reese has less than two weeks of school left and today they went on a field trip to a farm.

Beckett has two scraped knees so you know it must be getting nicer out. Last weekend Wade's mom sent down some little cans of strawberry pop and this week I've been using them as bribes to get him to stay in his bed during naptime. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Baby is doing well. 2 weeks left! I've been super tired lately but otherwise feeling good and sleeping well. Again, so blessed. :)

Okay, pictures sooooon, I promise!

2 comments:

Kathy Scanlon said...

Liz and Wade:
Been keeping up with you via your blog...thanks for that! Sorry I didn't get over to personally say goodbye! Miss you all...you were such good neighbors!
And geez Wade...who's going to hitch up my car and pull me out of a snow drift this winter when I'm dumb and think I can drive right down Sylvia to Downing!? :) Let us know when the new little one is here! Boy or Girl? Names? Where are you living now? Make sure you send me your new address. My emails are: Scannygrl@yahoo.com (home) or kathyscanlon@powersathletic.com (work). Take care of you and all of your family!!
Kathy Scanlon

Liz said...

Kathy!!!!
SO good to hear from you. I will email you soon!