I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted. Yikes! I think I've been overwhelmed and in denial that we will be moving out of this house on Friday, which is only F-O-U-R days away!!!!! I have had countless posts made up and ready to type out in the back of my head, but instead I've found something else more passive to do instead. I've been doing just about everything else besides packing. Part of me feels like we're just going on a little trip and I'll be able to pack and pull it all together the night before or something! Uhhh, not so much. Either way, a few of the things we've been up to: decorating Easter eggs w/ crayons, making and delivering May Day baskets (Reese got the biggest kick out of ringing someone's doorbell then running away!!!), hanging out w/ family for Easter, birthday parties w/ friends, both of the kids got a hair cut (Reese just got her bangs cut. She hates them. Because apparently she's a 16 year old trapped in a 4 year old's body. Totally not cool, Mom.) As for me, I've been trudging along w/ this baby in my belly. 36 week appointment went well this morning and I measured at 37 and a half weeks, which means this could be another biiiig baby. Awesome. To help him understand, the other day I tried telling Wade to imagine he had swallowed a live squirrel and it was trying figure out how to get out of his belly. That's what it feels like. Or it did. Now it feels more like a baby elephant. Picnics at the park even though it's still kind of cold and windy out, lots of trips to Goodwill, lots of trips to the bathroom, hosting friends for Bible Study, soccer practice at the Y, April was pretty cold and rainy, so Wade's been able to be home a bunch, which is great. May is starting out sunny and warmer, not so great. Especially when now I need him home to pack, move, basically do everything so I can lay on the couch and finish cooking a baby. kidding. a little. but either way, not gonna happen. We've been bickering a lot lately and I think it's because of the unspoken pressures of moving/all that goes with it + a hormonal, tired pregnant mama + Spring planting season + excitement/anxiety over moving out of a house & neighborhood that we love.
There. Maybe I'll post some pictures soon, or maybe I won't, but at least the blog has been updated in the most unorganized way. But at least I can cross it off my list.
Aaaaaaaand I just successfully spent another hour NOT packing. :)
2 comments:
Hey Liz! Where are you guys moving to? Good luck with the move and congrats on the baby! A few more weeks and you will have a whole new life with a whole new person and new house! If you need anything feel free to call me, I'd love to help! 319-242-1549
Mandi
CONGRATS on selling your house, lady! WOO HOO! Can you tell that maybe, just maybe, I would enjoy it if I could also woo hoo for myself? :)
I wish I lived closer so I could bring you an ice cream and help you pack! I sooo understand on the stress thing...we've had a lot and tonight Addy split her head open on the coffee table and got stitches! Never a dull moment! 20 weeks for me and they say we are having a girl...never know till she arrives, but they were pretty sure. Anywho, take care and I hope moving and the little one's arrival goes well. :)
Post a Comment