This is a serious question!
Is having an eye for decorating (and fashion/design for that matter) something some people were just born being naturally good at? Or is it something that can be learned and acquired? I'm hoping the answer to both of those questions are yes.
It seems to come so easy to some, yet then there's people like me who kind of have a look they know they like but don't know how to fully put it together. Sometimes the obstacle is money (sure, if my budget was infinite I could probably start from scratch and put together something decent), or time (like if I didn't have to sleep), frugality (I might have money to pay for new stuff, but its hard for me to justify spending money on something new- even if it's old and ugly, it still works) or probably most often, not knowing why something looks strange but I know it's not right.
I love these spaces.
Natural+beachy with pops of color. Big windows and natural light. Comfortable, simple, fresh flowers, kid friendly.
I don't buy into the myth that I need a huge home to make me happy. I'd actually love a smaller home with an open floor plan that we can all hang out in. I'd love to figure out how to make my home reflect me without spending a fortune, and even BONUS use what I already have. Something tells me I'm not a hopeless cause, that I just might be able to learn the art of decorating, since I am able to find inspiration pictures of what I like. But again, I don't know how to put it together. *sigh* Marilyn Eink, please come help me!!! Nicole McIntosh? Anyone?
{Photo credits can be found on my pinterest page - plus more pretty house pics!}





3 comments:
I dont know how to say it, but I am also where you are. I know what I like and don't like in pictures. I also like a lot of what we already have (pretty much all the furniture is hand me down from family, decor is the same and some gifts...with a few things we have bought). I feel like with just a few additions, our house could be cute...but then I wonder if maybe I am fooling myself and it is farther from that than I think. Who knows! Let me know when you get it figured out!
I am on my way! I plan on winning the lottery first so we can decorate to our hearts content. :) Miss you, every one looks great! I love seeing your posts, I check every day!
Jess, EXACTLY!!!!
And Nicole, think about it. For realz.
Post a Comment