Not too much exciting going on here at our house right now. We finally put in our 4 wk notice for the paper route on Friday. After an old man yelled at me from across the road for tossing not "placing" his paper on his doorstep so sometimes he has to walk down the two steps and get it, I had had enough. I have fallen in more muddy snow banks, slipped on patches of ice, and trudged through more snow this winter than I have my entire 24 years of existance.
And speaking of being 24, one of the lifeguards at the pool last night had a question for me. She said since she didn't have a mom up here at college, she wanted advice on what to do about spider bites. I told her to wash her sheets and pillowcases, obviously, but then asked her why she was asking me. She said "Well, your a mom, I figured you might know these things." And I reminded her that I was 24, and she was 21, and I wasn't that much older than her! Geesh :(
Here's a couple recent pics of our crazy child.
She's recently been introduced to markers and loves drawing with them. She scribbles, then my job is to put the cap back on, since she can't snap it shut. This was the result of mom needing a little break to check my email, and Crazy Child was left alone in the living room. Nothing else was colored on, just her legs and feet. This was the first, but not the only time she's done this.
This one makes me laugh. Just another morning watching Sesame Street.
Finger painting! A little young for it, but again, we have to do something since we're stuck inside until it warms up!
And this was just this morning. Wade got home from working out at the Y around 6am, and notice Reese was awake. I told him to leave her alone, and see if she fell back asleep. She quieted down, but Wade opened the door to check on her and she saw him and stood up. So he brought her into our bed to sleep with me, but all she wanted was Daddy, who needed to go to work. So he tried to explain to her that he'd come home and see her later tonight. She wouldn't come to me and yelled "NO!" when I tried to pick her up. So Wade left, and for 15 minutes Crazy Child stood at the door with her shoes, sobbing, saying "daddyyyyyy!" Definitely not our normal morning routine! She eventually calmed down and fell asleep again in my lap. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment