Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins

So one of my new hobbies is BAKING! I never knew how much I enjoyed it until I became a mom and wife. I'm not sure which I love more: the entire process OR the fact that I get to eat yummy baked goods at the end. Recently, Reese and I have been busy making blueberry banana bread, oatmeal cookies, apple crisp, brownies, and the newest addition: Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins. YUM! It was the perfect afternoon to whip up these delicious muffins- chilly, windy and depressingly wintery. I didn't have a "mini" muffin pan so I made them normal sized and increased the time. Try them! They are awesome. :)



Mini Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins

"Canned pumpkin and butterscotch chips provide an interesting taste combination in this recipe for mini muffins."
INGREDIENTS:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 (6 ounce) package
butterscotch chips
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Sift together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter, and pumpkin in a separate bowl. Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips; pour into each cup of the muffin pan to about 3/4 full.
3. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 11/8/2008

Song: Everything'll Be Alright by Joshua Radin
Heard it today on Pandora and fell in love.

No comments: