Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Monday, July 20, 2009

Berry Crisp

We are back from another busy weekend! Mondays at our house this summer have been full of putting the house back together, naps, and just recovering from the busy weekend. Mondays are also usually our backyard pool days (but not today since it was only in the 70s) but I'll post about that later.

But right now, here's the spur-of-the-moment dessert I made this afternoon!


A friend of mine brought over a bunch of cherries last week. I really needed to use them up before they went bad so I found a recipe for cherry crisp online, only I added blueberries and strawberries since I didn't have enough cherries. It's pretty tasty so I'm guessing it's not going to last very long! Tomorrow, the kids and I are off in search of tahini, which we need to make hummus!

Fresh Cherry Crisp

4 cups pitted sour cherries
1 1/2 cups white sugar
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine cherries, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, and 4 tablespoons flour. Pour into 9x13 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, oats, and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over cherries.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.

No comments: