Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Money-Saving Tip III

My husband's job is to provide (most) of our family's income and it is my job to stretch what he brings home as far as it can go. So for my third money saving tip that helps us out is......
Reducing Paper Products!

  • Baby Wipes: For diapers that are only wet, we tear the wipes in half. The wipes we use are HUGE and after you tear them, you can even stretch them out a little to make them bigger.

  • Face Wipes: (Love these when I'm too lazy to wash my face.) Same thing here. Such an easy way to double the product.

  • Paper Napkins: This one's a little more strange. Instead of going through 10 napkins each night at supper, we use cloth ones. I cut up a few old, clean t-shirts into squares and keep them in an old baby wipe container. They are super easy to wipe up little messes from kids or messy faces. Then they just get tossed in a bag to get washed!

  • Scratch Paper: I'm constantly writing myself notes or making lists so instead of using up pad after pad of Post-it notes, I use the backs of paper that would have normally gotten tossed in the trash. I've even cut it up before and stapled it together. I also use this for printer paper when I need to print something off just for myself. No need to use a nice white sheet of brand new paper when a pink sheet with writing on the back will do just fine for printing off driving directions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

starbucks yum......

i usually get the mocha frappacino :p yup now you make me crave starbucks!!!! :)

-olivia