Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just Thoughts


I fully recognize that I've been extremely blessed. I absolutely believe that this life that I've been given is a gift. Every single part of it. People tell me all the time that my family is beautiful. I have been given all of my limbs and all 5 of my senses. Both my parents and in-laws are alive and still happily married. We have jobs. Income. A way to provide for our family. I have an outstanding husband who lives to make me happy. My kids? Healthy. Perfect. I live in FLORIDA, which was our dream. What do I have to complain about?

But tonight my heart is heavy. It feels weighed down for several reasons, but mostly because I know that not everyone is as content and blessed as we are. Many people are sad and hurting. Lonely. Missing someone and wishing they could have done things differently. Scared. Nervous for the future. There is so much pain in this world that sometimes I can hardly bear to think about it. Tonight, my heart goes out to those people. Those who are waiting for it to be their turn in the sun. When the path that they're traveling starts going downhill instead of up.

I wish I could just wrap my arms around all those people and give them one giant hug, but I can't. But I can lift them up in prayer. Tonight I will close my eyes and pray for healing, forgiveness, wisdom, and peace in their lives. I wish I could tell them, "It'll be okay."


I know it won't always be, but the season I'm in right now is a good one. Tough at times, but overall, breathtakingly beautiful. 

No comments: