Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Excerpt from The Friday Night Knitting Club



The book I'm currently reading is called The Friday Night Knitting Club. Eh... it's alright. It's not one of those books that you can't put down, but it's not horrible either. But I'm such an optimist that I hate giving up on a book in the middle because I'm always hopeful that it will get better if I just keep reading it.

Anyway.

This morning, while sipping a cup of coffee I read this:



'The thing is,' Anita began quietly, 'is that when you're young, you always think you'll meet all sorts of wonderful people, that drifting apart and losing friends is natural. You don't worry, at first, about the friends you leave behind. But as you get older, it gets harder to build friendships. Too many defenses, too little opportunity. You get busy. And by the time you realize that you've lost the dearest best friend you've ever had, years have gone by and you're mature enough to be embarrassed by your attitude and frankly, by your arrogance.'

And it struck a nerve in me. And that's all I have to say about that. ;)

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Are you talking about a specific friend?