Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Somebody Slap Me.



I've decided to run a half-marathon.

I know. I've clearly lost my mind.

And the thing is, I hate to run. DESPISE it. When I was in elementary and middle school (oh, who am I kidding- it was probably high school, too.) I used to get sick to my stomach from nervousness WEEKS before we had to run the mile in P.E. for our physical fitness tests. And I was always one of the slowest ones. It was completely embarassing and was probably the reason I loved swim team so much because it didn't involve any sort of running.

So anyway. I mentioned in this post that, while I think they're a little crazy, I do admire runners and their bodies. While cheering for Wade during his half-marathon in September, I was so confused by the many people running by who looked like they were in agony, faces red, just dripping with sweat. I wanted to tell them, "Stop! You don't have to do this!!!!!"  

But the truth is, I've gained some weight recently since I stopped breastfeeding. (Which I've found out is actually pretty common. Who knew?) My body is so used to eating enough calories to make milk and now that I'm not making any, I'm making fat instead. So I've decided to get back into shape and give myself a little challenge outside of my comfort zone.

So while I'm still not completely sold on it, I'm setting a goal for myself: To run a half-marathon in Spring 2010.  So I've got some time to get ready and get used to the idea, but putting it on the blog makes it a little more real.




Somebody, quick!!! Talk some sense into me!!!

No comments: