I'm am still learning this gardening thing. In past years, the idea of having a garden sounded so fun and easy. It was my understanding that you just bought some plants at the store, planted them in the ground, and in a few weeks they would bear delicous fruit and vegetables, right?
Yeah...not so much.
Apparently you must pick the weeds on a regular basis, put up a fence so hungry rabbits don't feast at night, water it a lot, figure out how to discourage little insects and slugs from munching on leaves, it takes a lot longer than I thought, and plants don't produce fruits/veggies all summer it's like all at once so then you have to figure out what to do with all of it.
But despite my lack of knowledge, we're trying it again. It's been fun since Reese is way into watching the little plants grow.
An "after planting but before lotsa growth" shot
I have no idea what I'm doing, but we planted tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, strawberries, summer squash, peppers, asperagus (which I learned takes years to grow?), watermelon, and one clump of carrots/a corn plant from the library. We also planted some flowers in the back.
So it's a hodgepodge of stuff. We have little paths but I have no idea how big stuff will get or how much room it will take up.
Please tell me it's a learn-as-you-go thing, right?! Or am I the only one clueless on this subject!?

No comments:
Post a Comment