Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Slow Cooker Meals

Like I mentioned before, I rely on my slow cooker a lot. When I teach swim lessons in the evenings, it's awful coming home at 6:30 to just be starting supper when my kids are already grumpy, whiny, and hungry. So during naptime, I'll throw something in the slow cooker and by the time we get home it's ready to go!

Here are two good ones that we had this week:
Asian Peanut Butter Pork
pork chops (sometimes I put them in still frozen)
1 onion, coarsly chopped
1/4 soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp water
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup peanut butter

Dump it all in. Don't bother stirring it until the peanut butter has melted. Cook on high 4-6 hours. Rearrange the chops and stir about an hour before serving. *This sauce is amaaaazing! Everyone loves it.
Chicken Fettucini Alfredo
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 parsley
1 bag frozen broccoli florets
1 box fettucini noodles

Combine all ingredients (except noodles) and stir. Cook on low all day. Before serving, cook up the fettucini noodles and toss into the slow cooker to coat.
*This one needs a little salt, but is overall pretty easy and good.

Also, I've been absolutely drooling over the Serena and Lily catalog the past couple of days. And especially loving these:

2 comments:

JW said...

Those sound great! Is that 1/2 a cup of pb or 1/2 a tablespoon...Not sure.

I'll have to try them. Good luck with the garden. We had one for two summers and then I put my foot down and said no garden for a while until we do some other projects. My husband is gone a TON in the summer and I've been pregnant 2 out of the last 3 previous summers...maybe that had something to do with it. :)

Liz said...

HA! it's 1/2 a CUP :) sorry! just fixed it.

And you're right...it's a lot more work than one would think!