Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Surviving, not thriving

Today was a hard "mom" day, and I'm not quite sure why. I had a headache and my stomach hurt. Other than that, my day was pretty normal- hugs and kisses, spilled milk on accident, spilled milk on purpose, children throwing tantrums, taking naps, out of coffee creamer, reading books, kids crawling all over me, getting food thrown at me, a garage sale, Wade not home again tonight, dance class, no time to run since Wade had to work early, playing outside, Beckett pooping in the potty, cartoons, and much more.

Pretty normal.

And for some reason, it was just an off day.

I want to be awesome. Extraordinary. Touch lives. Change the world. But instead, I felt lonely, boring, and very average. Surviving, not thriving. And definitely not awesome.

And I 'get' the whole idea that by staying at home with my kids I am shaping the lives of the 2 most important people in my world. But I'm not at the stage yet where I get to see the fruits of all that I am doing. No appreciation. No one there to tell me what a great craft that was or how fantastic I was at folding all the laundry. 

Wow, sorry for the Debbie Downer post! It wasn't all gray and gloomy in my world today... here's a pic of Reese in her new dance recital costume that she just recieved tonight, and Beckett wearing his hard hat and holding his bouncy ball that he takes everywhere.


And I also stumbled across this little video and thought I'd share it, especially since it is so close to mother's day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you watched the video for "The Best Day" by Taylor Swift? Great song for Moms :)

Liz said...

oh I just found the song, but no video... love it!!! do you have a link?

Anonymous said...

http://www.mtv.com/videos/taylor-swift/377565/the-best-day.jhtml

Liz said...

Oh man, that turned into the "ugly cry"

nice work. thanks!!!!!! :)