Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our Bet

Awhile back, I mentioned something about a little bet that Wade and I had going. I didn't say much more, but you've probably noticed the little tickers of people running on the right hand side. (Yes, Wade's the little black man.) In order to get back in shape, we challenged each other to see who could reach 100 miles first. Whoever won would get $100 to spend on anything the winner wanted.

I quickly decided that since he was already such a great runner, it wasn't fair for it to be equal, so we cut mine in half- I only had to run 50 miles to his 100.

And basically, he's doing awesome, while I'm still loathing it. He is trying to convince me that running outside is much better than running on a treadmill at the Y, but I have yet to get out there this spring and do it.

My goal is to run the 20K in the Dam to Dam on June 5th.

I've already practically given up on the $100. (He runs 3-4 miles at a time, while I only run 1-2. Bleh. Not a good way to start, I know...) But I'm serious about this upcoming race!

I'll try to update you all on how my progress is going throughout this spring. My first goal is to change the way I talk. I always tell people how much I "hate to run. HATE IT."  And I always just figured if I ran enough, eventually I would start to like it, then that's how I would talk. But I'm thinking the talk has to come first. (Kinda like when people say in passing, "Hey, Liz how are ya?!" I almost always say, "Fabulous!" even if I'm having a bad day. If I say it enough times, I start to believe it.)

Anyway, just some of my thoughts on running. How do you get motivated to run? Please help! I need lots of suggestions!! :)


"The greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do."



- Walter Bagehot

No comments: