Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Reese's Room Makeover

I can tell that I'm getting older because my tastes are changing. When we first bought this house I thought something along the lines of, "I'm going to paint the walls all kinds of fun, bright colors because that just reflects my personality!"

After awhile it felt like my house was rainbow colored and disconnected, not relaxing and cozy like I wanted it to be. I am learning that my personality can still be vibrant while my house can be a calming place to come home to.

Currently, I am much more into beach tones, Ikea, comfy throws, less picture frames (less clutter) and kid friendly. Before, I was nick nacky, craft show, bright colors, hand-me-down-take-what-I-could-get, improvise for the time being.

I was not born with an eye for decorating. It's something that does not come naturally to me. As I said w/ Beckett's room, I am not entirely content w/ this room either, but I do know that I'm at least a step closer to where I want to be. (And seriously, if you have advice or would like to help me, by all means suggest away!!!!!!! Or just come do it for me. Marilyn.)


BEFORE:


AFTER:

(It looks a bit bare in these pictures, but it there are things along the other walls.)

And just for fun, here's what it looked like a month before she was even born:


Have a great weekend and enjoy this weather!!!!!!

No comments: