Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010

We've had quite a busy weekend (well, week and a half, really). It's spring and at our house that means I get to be a single mom for awhile. The weather has been beautiful, but that means that Wade is out in the fields helping farmers get ready for planting. He put in 80+ hours last week, getting home after the kids go to bed every night except one. He's tired, I'm tired. Luckily, he was able to get Sunday off to squeeze in a little Easter and family time.

On Thursday, we had friends over to find Easter eggs in the backyard. Big community egg hunts can be a little overwhelming for little kids, so we just made our own and then had lunch afterwards. Our own little Easter party!




Then on Friday, my sister Allison came up to keep me company. She took lots of pictures of the kids (which hopefully she will put up on her blog) and we made the best homemade pancakes on Saturday morning. (I hate that my sister is one of those girls that looks gorgeous first thing in the morning.) ;)


On Sunday we had a a lot of fun up at Wade's parents and aunt's house. We flew kites, found eggs, and ate lots of candy from their Easter baskets. I love family get-togethers because the food is always so delicous!




And it sounds like I fooled some of you about our new van purchase??? I can just imagine people reading that thinking there's no way we got a van like that and then gettting ready to respond and second guessing themselves thinking, but what if they really did?! Oh too funny. And if you are interested, that van is actually for sale on Craigslist in our area if you'd like to buy it. :)

Whew! I think we're all caught up!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm sorry that you didn't get the beauty gene like i did. We all can't be that lucky.