Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Oh Beckett...

My brain has felt lopsided the past couple of days since I posted that sweet little post about Reese. When I look back, I notice a lot more posts about her than her little brother. And it's not because I love him less or isn't as cute, it's just he's a wild 18 month old and is nearly impossible to get a cute picture of him. That, and a lot of his cuteness can't really be shown in pictures or stories on a blog. It's his facial expressions, little cheeks, mischeviousness and mumbled words that make him so delicious.

Cannot. Get. Enough. Of. Him!

So here's a few funny tidbits (and one not so funny) of what the little guy's been up to lately.  


He is crazy about 'mo-mo-mos' (translate=motorcycles). Since the weather has warmed up, more people are out on their bikes and I swear he can hear them from a mile away. He gets so excited and points in that direction, looking to catch a glimpse of the speeding motorcycle.

On Thursday, it was a little chilly to go outside and play so I brought out a farm toy that he had gotten for Christmas that I had saved for a rainy day. He LOVED it. It had completely captured his attention for a good 30 minutes (long time for him), that is... until I got out a screwdriver to install the batteries.




After he saw those screwdrivers the farm set became invisible and nothing. else. mattered. He needed to find something to fix! We need to get this kid a little boy tool set so he doesn't have to keep stealing Daddy's. The kid's obsessed with tools. Amazing to me. Such a boy thing.


And here's a few pics from the other day when he so desperately wanted to paint his nails, too. Mostly, I think, he just wanted to unscrew the lids and examine the nail polish a little closer. He ended up with a light purple on his toes this time. (Seriously, you can barely see it...but Wade noticed right away. HA!)




And the last story about my sweet, sweet son involves my phone, a glass of water, and a tired mama on the internet looking up slow cooker recipes. Not cool, Beckett, not cool. We will be heading to Verizon soon to find a new phone!
On a different note, we are so excited that Wade will be home tomorrow! He has worked from 6am to 10pm every day this week (except for one where he saw the kids for about 15 minutes) and tonight it's almost midnight and he's still not home yet. :( It's been 2 weeks of this craziness so far this spring and at least one more.

So here's a shout out to all the wives of farmers or are in the farming business, wives of truckers over the road, wives of husbands who travel a lot, single moms, working moms, and pretty much moms in general, because being a mom is tough stuff!

We're hanging in there. :)

No comments: