Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Monday, April 19, 2010

Phones, Linger, and a Tree

Good weekend here. Hope yours was good too. :)

So we got new phones..........

And I'm a mix of excitement and regret. We got 2 LG Chocolate Touches for free, but we have to pay $10 a month (each phone) for the internet on it. So while I love that it's now my radio, MP3 player, camera, phone, email, maps, video camera, internet all in one device.... my frugal side is telling me I don't need it. Either way, we've got them now, and hopefully there won't be any more small children putting this phone in a glass of water.


This big guy is blooming right outside our door. The smell is absolutely intoxicating. Someday I will have a magnolia tree to sit under and read and sip lemonade. Mark my words.


Saturday, the kids and I kept busy by swimming, drinking coffee, lounging at Barnes & Noble, shopping, and ended our night by using a gift card at the Olive Garden. Now that the kids are getting a little older, it's like having built in buddies to take places and do fun things with. :)

And like I mentioned in the last post, Sunday was perfect since we got to relax and be together just laying around. That morning we got some great advice from a lady named Maureen, who told us that it all goes by so fast so we should just slow down and linger with our kids more. And really listen to what they have to say. I love that. Such great advice and the word linger really stuck with me. Yesterday, I'm happy to say, we just lingered all day.  

And it reminded me of this post that I recently read, which is so well written about saying 'no' to some things so that BUSY doesn't describe your life.

No comments: