Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Book Recommendations

Just for fun, here are a few of my favorite books:

1. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

Incredibly interesting and truly is a life skills book that everyone needs to read. It was first published in 1937 and has been helping people ever since. Sometimes when I'm bored, this is one of my go-to books to open up to any page, read for 5 minutes, and feel like I got something out of it.

2. Miserly Moms: Living Well on Less in a Tough Economy by Jonni McCoy
I just got done reading this one. I had borrowed it from the library, but this is one that I will look into owning. This book is packed with tips for moms on how to save money for their families. From this book I learned the difference between being "cheap" and being "frugal" and spending my money on the things that are important to me.

3. The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage by Dr. Laura Schlessinger
Another book that I can grab for a short car trip, not read the whole thing, but still gain new knowledge. It's such a great book for couples like us who haven't been married for a long time and are still trying to navigate this whole married thing. It's amazing how skewed our views on marriage have become in this country from the way we treat each other, to our roles, to how we solve problems.

4. Water For Elephants by Sara Guen
Love, love, loved this book! It's a story about an elderly man who recounts his life traveling with the circus during the Great Depression. I read it almost a year ago, but still is the first book I reccommend when people ask what book they should read next (well, after Twilight, of course. But hasn't everyone read that by now?)

No comments: