Home      About Me     The Husband      Our Kids     Wish List

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

This past 3 day weekend was spectacular.

We went for a walk,

took pictures of "cool" things (like this, um, leaf),

played in the stream (definitely coming back here),

fell in the stream (and got extremely dirty),

gobbled up some Tropical Sno (totally reminded me of rollar blading there in the summers back in the day...),

had a squirt gun fight (yes, B's wearing a crown),

and hung out with these awesome people.
Fun, fun and fun.

And on a different note, tonight I got to sit down and chat with the girl who got the Lesson Coordinator position that I mentioned awhile back.

Her first day was yesterday. And for some reason, I cried yesterday morning thinking about what an opportunity that I missed out on. I felt tied down and angry that "these kids" took away something that I really wanted. It didn't feel fair since I felt so qualified for the job but politely declined so that I could stay at home with my kids and clean up poop off the kitchen floor (which I did today, thankyouverymuch BECKETT). I knew why I had made that decision but a part of me still wanted it.

I didn't know this girl who got my job very well, but she seemed super sweet and enthusiastic. I truly believe that she will do a GREAT job. I told her to let me know if there was anything she needed, so she asked if we could go over some things. We talked for about an hour when she hesitantly asked me why I hadn't applied for the position. I told her my reasons and then with tears in her eyes she thanked me. She told me how blessed she felt that she was given this opportunity that she felt so ready for, blessed that I was there for guidance. She is in college and is graduating next year and knows this will be wonderful experience for her.

And that's when I got it. I understood why God had been whispering to me to not take the job. I was opening up a spot for someone who truly needed it. I have so much going on in my life right now and this person needed this so much more than I did. And God knew that. And I know He is going to do wonderful things through her.

And He'll do wonderful things through me somewhere else. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz, you are awesome.

The Ireland Family said...

Liz, you are such an amazing person!

Mary said...

Liz,I'm so pround of you as always!!

Liz said...

Aww thanks ladies :)